PLEASE try hard to come out for 1 hour on June 7th – it’s just from 1:00 to 2:00 at the corner of our church! This isn’t a difficult thing to do, and can actually be fun – especially if we get LOTS of people out. These Stands are making a huge statement and are growing in numbers.
The June 7th Province-wide Stand is on a roll!
16 Stands have already confirmed for the big event on the 7th. The early-bird honour roll includes:
* Housing advocates in the Tri-cities, Burns Lake, Squamish, Duncan, and Vancouver
* Streams of Justice
* Surrey teachers
* Nelson Anglican and Evangelical Lutheran churches
* City-wide Housing Coalition (Vancouver)
* Vancouver Catholic, St. James Anglican, Mennonite Brethren and St. Andrew’s Wesley churches and Christchurch Cathedral
* Random Acts of Kindness and Homeless Nation
Day after day we are hearing from new Stand groups-the Lookout Emergency Aid Society in New Westminster, the Canadian Mental Health Association in Duncan and the Catholic Community Downtown Eastside in Vancouver.
June 7th is going to be exciting, a demonstration of the determination of dozens of organizations and communities throughout the province. With turquoise signs and banners we are going to put affordable housing for the homeless and for low- and moderate-income people on the front pages. And keep it there until all levels of government take responsibility for this vital human right.
Will you stand with us on June 7th?
Internal Virus Database is out of date.
Checked by AVG.
Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.23.2/1392 – Release Date: 22/04/2008 3:51 PM